POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Continue trace... Insight please : Continue trace... Insight please Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Continue trace... Insight please
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 May 2002 07:48:53
Message: <3CCFD5F5.EE9B7695@gmx.de>
I was wondering:
How does POV-Ray know where to continue a trace?
I've looked through the rerun INIs and the pvengine.ini,
but to no avail. Does POV-Ray just look at the image
already traced, or what?

I'm just wondering because I have a major trace going
on, and wanted to use a second instance of POV to
work on some other stuff. But if I cannot get POV
to afterwords continue the major trace (cause I
reboot every now and then to clean the RAM and
SWAP-File) for sure, the risk is to high.

I'm not sure, Thorsten, Christoph? Anybody know
how to make sure it will work (like copying a bunch
of files, which I later replace), or does POV save the
Data somewhere only when the trace is being ended?

Ah, just a bunch of questions. I'll just hope that someone
can give me a working example, I don't want to ruin
anything, because the major trace is under time-pressure...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde